Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Willy Nilly Wednesday

I  just wanted to share a very random, silly little snippet from my day today.

    I went through the Arby's drive through today at lunch to pick up some food on my way to a friend's house. I placed my order, a combo #4 with mozzarella sticks instead of curly fries and a Dr. Pepper. The voice in the little speaker box said, "That'll be $7.26. I'll see you at the window." So I proceed to the window and he repeats the amount I owe. I pull out two $5 bills and hand them to him.
He asks, "Out of a thousand?"
I chuckle a little and say, "Sure, I'll take the change for that."
He reaches out, handing me my money, saying, "Two-hundred and seventy-four cents is your change."
"YESSS!!!" (insert small fist pump)
"Ya sound a little richer when you don't use decimals, don't ya?"
"Yes, I do!"
_________________

Just that conversation made my day a little brighter. It was silly, and actually pointless, but it made me smile. 

What made this guy want to not use decimals?

If his manager heard him doing that, would he have gotten in trouble? I mean, let's face it...although I knew what he was talking about, there are plenty of people in the world who probably couldn't even tell you that ten dollars is the same as one thousand cents. He could really confuse some poor guy that just wants a roast beef sandwich and a coke.

______________________________

And just for your viewing pleasure:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com