Happy Hump Day!
Today we're going to clean the bedrooms.
Let's do our dailies first!
- Do at least one load of laundry from start to finish. Wash, dry, & put away!
- Unload and reload your dishwasher. If you don't have one, wash and put away all of your dirty dishes.
- Don't be lazy! When you take something from a room to put it away, put it where it belongs. We're trying to avoid having a mess pile up.
- Do a quick pick-up in the kitchen. Remove anything that doesn't belong & de-clutter the countertops.
- Do a quick pick-up in the living room. Remove anything that does not belong.
- Check the bedrooms. Is there a mess? Yes? Pick it up before it gets out of control!
- Check the bathrooms. Clean up any messes you see.
- Encourage your children to clean up after themselves by showing them where and how to put their belongings away when they're finished with them.
- Do a clean sweep through the kitchen & living room before you go to bed.
By doing this checklist, you're keeping your house under control. When I walk into a room and it's a giant mess, I just want to walk right back out. Messes do NOT motivate me. I also find that my stress level is way lower if my house is not a mess. It's easier to get tasks done, so I get to spend more time with my kids.
On to the bedrooms!
Remember, this does not include the master bedroom.
Week 2: Bedrooms Checklist
- Pick up the bedroom. Put away anything that is on the floor. Clear surfaces of clutter.
- Use a dust cloth to wipe down any shelves, trinkets, knick-knacks, etc. starting from the highest point in the room.
- Pull the sheets & wash them.
- Straighten the clothes, shoes, & accessories in the closet.
- Be sure the shelves & dresser look neat, and not cluttered.
- Wipe down the blinds.
- Wash any windows, mirrors, and picture frames.
- Vacuum the floor.
Let's get started!
Let me know if there's anything else to add to the list!