Happy Thursday, everyone!
Today we're going to focus on the remaining bedrooms in the house.
If you guys are anything like me, your bedroom is a catch-all for when company comes over and the house isn't quite ready. Or maybe you have papers that need filing or laundry that piles up. I never really liked cleaning my room as a kid....and I still don't.
Let's get started!
- Do at least one load of laundry from start to finish. Wash, dry & put away!
- Load and unload your dishwasher. If you don't have one, wash and put away all of your dirty dishes.
- Don't be lazy. When you remove an item from a room, put it away where it belongs. We're trying to avoid having a mess pile up.
- Do a quick pick-up of the kitchen. If there is anything in there that doesn't belong, put it away.
- Clear the kitchen counters of clutter.
- Keep an eye on the living room & bedrooms. If a mess is starting to form, pick it up.
- Encourage your children to help you pick up messes as they're finished with toys.
- Do a clean sweep through the kitchen and living room before bed.
Since this is the second day cleaning bedrooms, we're doing the same checklist we did yesterday.
- Pick up anything lying on the floor. Put it in its proper place.
- Remove clutter from flat surfaces including the dresser, nightstands and shelves.
- Put away any clean clothes that may be lying around.
- Place dirty laundry in the hamper/basket, or take them to the laundry room to be sorted.
- Make the bed.
- Vacuum the floor thoroughly.