It's Monday again! We're going back to the kitchen.
Did you keep it clean over the weekend?
Mine got a little messy, but it's nothing that can't be cleaned up in 5 minutes or less.
Alrighty! Let's get on with the daily stuff.
Do these things to maintain a clean house in between actually cleaning each room. If you keep your house straightened up, it's not overwhelming when it comes time to do the cleaning.
- Do at least one load of laundry from start to finish. Wash, dry, and put away!
- Unload and reload your dishwasher. If you don't have one, wash all of the dirty dishes in the kitchen.
- Don't be lazy! When you take something from a room to put it away, put it where it belongs. Don't just toss it in there. We're trying to prevent having a mess pile up!
- Do a quick pick-up in the kitchen. Remove any items that do not belong, and de-clutter the counters.
- Do a quick pick-up in the living room. Remove any items that do not belong.
- Check the bedrooms. Is there a mess beginning to form? Yes? Pick it up! Don't let it get out of control!
- Check the bathrooms. Clean up any messes you see.
- Encourage your children to clean up after themselves by taking the time to show them how and where to put things away.
- Do a clean sweep through the kitchen and living room before bed.
Today, we're going to start the scrubbing!
We're going to revisit each room we straightened up last week so we can do some deeper cleaning.
We're starting with the kitchen again.
Families function much better when the common areas of the house are clean.
Obviously you can use whatever cleaners you want. It's not my place to say what you should/shouldn't be using, so get your cleaning supplies for the kitchen ready!
Week 2: Kitchen Checklist
- Be sure your kitchen is straightened up. No clutter, dishes washed and put away, etc....
- Fill your sink with hot, soapy water. Use a wash cloth or cleaning rag to wipe down the cabinet doors, pantry door, appliances, and the trash can (do the trash can last!).
- Using your cleaner of choice, wipe down all the countertops, sink, stovetop & kitchen table.
- Mix 1/2 cup of water & 1/2 cup white vinegar in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until it starts to boil, 1-1.5 min. This loosens any stuck-on food. Remove the bowl. Wipe out your microwave.
- Check your refrigerator for any expired food or condiments. Throw away anything you won't eat, then wipe down the shelves if needed.
- Look in the pantry for any expired food. Throw it away and organize what's left.
- Wash the windows & wipe out the window sills.
- Sweep the floor.
- If you feel like your baseboards need cleaning, do it.
- Mop the floor.
If you guys can think of anything else to add to the list let me know!