I hope everyone is still with me here!
Are you keeping up?
Let's start with our dailies.
- Do at least one load of laundry from start to finish. Wash, dry, & put away!
- Unload and reload your dishwasher. If you don't have one, wash all of your dirty dishes and put them away.
- Don't be lazy! When you take something from a room to put away, put it where it belongs. We're trying to prevent messes from building up.
- Do a quick pick-up in the kitchen. Remove anything that doesn't belong & de-clutter the countertops.
- Do a quick pick-up in the living room. Remove anything that doesn't belong.
- Check the bedrooms. Is there a mess? Pick it up before it becomes overwhelming!
- Check the bathrooms. Clean any messes you see.
- Encourage your children to clean up after themselves by showing them where and how to put their belongings away.
- Do a clean sweep through the kitchen & living room before bed.
This list may seem like a lot of work when you read it, but if you do it each day, it should take you under an hour to complete it.
Today we're going back to the living room & the foyer.
This is the area your company usually sees the most of. You want it to be presentable and clean. We're going to tackle that right now!
Week 2: Living Room Checklist
- Pick up and put away anything that doesn't belong.
- Clear coffee tables and shelves of clutter.
- Start at the highest point in the living room and start dusting. For me this is my ceiling fan. You should also include shelves, picture frames, decor, the mantle, entertainment centers/tv stands, lamps, coffee tables, and anything else that could collect dust.
- Vacuum the floor. Be sure to get around the edges of the room. Dust tends to build up in the corners and around baseboards.
- Vacuum the furniture. Make sure you remove the cushions and vacuum underneath.
- Wash any windows, mirrors, and picture frame glass that have finger prints on them.
Week 2: Foyer Checklist
- Clear the foyer of any clutter: shoes, coats, junk mail, etc...
- Dust any surfaces: tables, picture frames, etc....
- Sweep or vacuum the floor. Include the stairs if you have them.
- Wash any windows or mirrors in the area.
- Mop the floor if it can be mopped.