Friday, February 3, 2012

Super Kiddos!

Super heroes are awesome!
Every child, at some point in their life pretends to be a super hero.
They find whatever they can to tie around their necks to be a cape and run around with their hands out like they're flying.
We used pillowcases, sheets, blankets...whatever we could pretend would be a cape. Of course this was back when kids still played pretend for fun. 

I made my niece and nephew reversible super hero capes for Christmas and they were a big hit! I didn't use a pattern. I just kind of made it up in my head as I went. They came out great! They were so quick and simple, but they look professionally made.

If anyone would like to see a tutorial, leave me comments. I haven't made my girls capes yet, so I know I'll be making them sometime in the near future.

Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of both sides of my niece's cape, but here is my nephew's cape:




The reverse side of my niece's cape is purple with a pink star. 
They loved their capes!
My nephew ran around the house all night yelling, "Super Mason!" 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com