Monday, January 28, 2013

Will Run for Chocolate!!!


After Little A was born in November 2011, I kept telling myself I would run a 5K at some point in 2012. That was my fitness goal: to be able to run a 5K. I didn’t get serious about it until close to the end of the year when I saw this: 




This was amazing! If any of you know at least one thing about me, it’s probably that I LOVE chocolate.  I could combine my fitness goal AND my favorite sweet treat. 
Seriously? 
I’M IN!

The race wasn’t actually until January 2013, but better late than never, right? 

With this being my first race, I didn’t want to go it alone, so I told my little sister about it. 
This girl. 
I am so proud of her! 
She has lost 80 lbs and is an exercising fool! 
(I’ll actually be sharing one of her healthy recipes tomorrow!)

We downloaded running apps onto our Iphones so we wouldn’t kill ourselves trying to train for the race. We used the free app 10K for Pink. It’s very handy. It starts you out doing intervals of running and walking so you don’t jump right into running and give up. 

So race day came.  We arrived bright and early, or in this case, dark and early. 


We put on our race bibs and went to our race corrals!

There were close to 20,000 runners in the 15K & 5K. That place was packed!

We started at Turner Field, ran a 3.2 mile loop, and finished back at Turner Field.



It took us 38 minutes and 32 seconds to finish the race. 
I’m pretty proud of us!


After the race we enjoyed our finisher’s mugs! 
We got lots of tasty treats to dip in chocolate, and a cup of hot chocolate to go with it! 


Fitness Goal? 
Check! 
Tasty Chocolate?
Check!
Cool Race Hoodies?
Check!
Fun day with my little sister?
Check! 


I think this one was a winner! 

I’m gonna be doing it again next year! 




Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com