Thursday, January 17, 2013

Our Little Matchmaker


This is Big A. 


She’s my oldest daughter. 

She’s smart. 

She’s beautiful. 

She’s creative. 

She’s funny. 

She never ceases to amaze me. 

She’s the reason her father and I met. 


David and I have been together since Big A was 2 1/2 years old. 
I remember the day he walked into my daycare classroom. He was looking for a class for his daughter, who happened to be in the age group that I taught. 
(I think I might have done a fist pump in my head when I found out.  Just in case you haven’t noticed, my hubby’s pretty hot). 

We found out a few weeks after Big A started in my class that we also went to the same church. I was new in town, so I hadn’t met a lot of people yet. We have three different worship times at our church on Sunday mornings, so I had never seen him there.
A few months later, I called D one night to check on Big A because she hadn’t been to school the last couple of days. 
That was all it took. 
We talked for eight or nine hours that night. Both of us had to work the next day, but we didn’t care. We were in our own little world. 
We started dating after that. 
We dated for about 9 months before he proposed to me on Christmas night, 2008. 
We were engaged for more than a year before we got married. 
I consider our wedding day to be one of the most important days of my life. Not only did I become the wife to my soul mate, I also became a mom to the little girl who changed my life forever. I tell her quite often not to forget that I fell in love with her before I fell in love with her daddy. 


I love our family. We wouldn’t exist without our Big A. 

She’s a comedian. 

She’s an artist.

She’s a scholar.

She’s an author.

She’s a singer. 

She’s an actress. 

She’s a basketball player.

She’s a loving sister. 

She’s my daughter. 


I wouldn’t trade her for the world. 

signature2_zpsd85785a2

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com