Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Clean up! Clean up! Everybody, everywhere!

As you’ve probably picked up from all of the not-so-subtle hints I’ve dropped in past posts, I do not like cleaning. I also do not like for my house to be a mess. Funny, isn’t it?
I’m always trying to figure out new ways to get organized and stay that way. Most days I don’t feel like I have time to do anything because all of my time is being spent cleaning up after everyone.

D and I have come up with a solution.

We’re only on day 2, but I must say that these have been the two least stressful evenings I’ve had in a while. I am so much more able to relax when my house is clean. I don’t feel like there’s always a task waiting for me to come along and complete it.

King Daddy and Queen Mommy have passed a new law. Each night at 7:00, we have family cleaning time until 7:30. We clean until the half-hour is up. Tonight, we ran out of ‘things’ to pick up and put away, so we started vacuuming and washing windows. I still have to actually clean (i.e., dust, scrub countertops, etc...) but it makes it so much easier if all of the ‘stuff’ is picked up and put away. I can’t even count how many times I’ve walked into the doorway of a room intending to clean it only to turn around and just walk back out because of the overwhelming clutter of toys, clothes, shoes, and whatever other knick-knacks and toodleywinks a kid can leave on the floor.  One would think the big mess is more motivating, but that’s definitely not the case for me.

How do you keep your family and home organized?

Do you have a special cleaning routine or schedule?

-------------------------
For some cleaning motivation, read my Two-Week Clean Along.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com