Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Excuse the mess. I have kids.

Do you ever feel like you're always behind and can never catch up? 

When I was growing up, my mom had this sign in our kitchen that said:
"Cleaning house while the kids are growing is like shoveling snow while it's still snowing."

I've discovered that there are probably no truer words than those.

I'm always thinking to myself, "If I can just get caught up on the house work, I can get started on 'x' project or 'y' project."  The thing is, I never feel like I'm caught up. I've tried different types of schedules and lists, only to fall back into a funk. I have a running list of projects I want to work on. As a matter of fact, I have an order of about 400 sets of plastic snaps on the way so I can make more diapers and replace some existing snaps that have gotten melted in the dryer. I want to be able to sit down and work on those new diapers without feeling guilty about not cleaning house. I want to be able to do that with any project I might want to do. I had David pick up two cans of spray paint a couple weeks ago so I could make something to hang in our living room (which will be shared in a later post) but I still haven't gotten started. 

I've heard that making yourself an hourly schedule really helps to keep you on-task throughout the day. I've tried making a daily outline of what to accomplish each day of the week by assigning a room and a particular load of laundry to a certain day of the week. That doesn't work for me. I think I need to be more specific. I also need to work in daily devotional time and time to exercise. 

Do any of you have suggestions? Websites? Cleaning outlines that work for you? 

Share with me! (Please!) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com