Wednesday, March 21, 2012
I'm a pretty crafty person. 
I love making things with my hands.
Sewing, crafting, building, cooking.
I just like creating things. 
It's getting harder and harder to sit down for long periods of time since I have 3 kiddos. It takes me forever to make things that should only take an hour or two, unless the kids are sleeping. 

Anyway, here are some things I've made lately. 


A couple of reversible headbands and a cute flower headband. 
I really think that I love those reversible headbands. They're super easy to make and you get two headbands in one. I made the green ones for my girls for St. Patty's Day.     

One of my close friends wants me to make her some of the flower bands to match her daughter's Matilda Jane clothes. I think they will be cute with that line. MJ is a very cute label. I just can't fork over the money for it, having 3 girls to dress! OUCH!



These are some prefold diapers I made. They're made with 2 layers of flannel and a strip of terry cloth in the middle. They're very easy to make. Little A was outgrowing the cotton prefolds I have, so I had to come up with something new. These work like a charm. They just stain like no other. I need to put up a clothes line so I can hang them out in the sun. 



Last is this khaki vest I made for Big A.
It is parent/teacher conference week, so of course it's also book fair week. 
They always hit you up for money when they know they have you  coming into the school. 
Anyway, there is a different theme for each day. The kids get to dress up in accordance with the theme. 
Today is Tacky Tourist day. Big A isn't one to look tacky when she's supposed to.  She evidently has no problem looking tacky any other day of the week, but not on the day she's supposed to. So she went to school all matchy matchy, but I think she looks tourist-y enough. Right?
I made the vest out of an old pair of khaki pants I found on the shelf in my closet. There are pockets on the front, but you can't really see them in the picture. It only took me a couple of hours to make (in between breastfeeding and changing diapers) so it was relatively simple. Big A really liked it, so that's a win in my book!

Don't forget, there are only 3 days left to enter my giveaway!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com