Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Tasty Tuesday


About a year ago, I came across a blog that has changed the way I look at food. It has changed my shopping habits, as well as my cooking habits. The blog is called 100 Days of Real Food.  As the title suggests, it’s all about a family’s challenge to eat only real food for 100 days. Having four daughters myself, I thought that a diet change was a great idea! I have not completely excluded every single thing that is processed, but I have made significant changes to our diets. We eat in at least 5-6 nights a week, and even still try to do so more often. I have stopped buying pre-made frozen foods, and started making more from scratch. This blog is full of excellent recipes and ideas for families looking to make a change toward healthier diets. I highly suggest you check it out!
One of my favorite recipes from her blog (which can also be found in her cookbook!) is  whole spelt pumpkin muffins. I made a couple of changes to them, but her recipe is the one I used.  I replaced the spelt with white whole wheat flour. I also added dark chocolate chips onto the tops of the muffins a few minutes before they were finished baking, then returned them to the oven for the remainder of the baking time. 


They are delicious! My girls love them, too! Click the link below for the recipe!

Whole Spelt Pumpkin Muffins


__________________________________________________________

I’m looking for guest bloggers! 
Do you have a recipe that you would like to share with my readers? 
Tasty Tuesday will be a weekly post in which I share recipes that I love (along with the proper credits), as well as recipes submitted by readers, which I would love to try, too!

Click on the Contact Me tab at the top of the page to send me your info! 



Signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com