Monday, July 16, 2012

Where Did Summer Break Go?



I feel like summer is just beginning, and really it is. Summer officially started only three weeks ago. Unfortunately for us (and the rest of our county) school starts in just 16 days!  AAACK! I mean, seriously? Who came up with this school schedule? This is not at all the calendar that I voted for last year. From what I can tell, based on quite a few conversations with other parents in our school system, almost no one voted to start school on August 1st. 
BOO! BOO, I say! 
We live in Metro-Atlanta. It’s freakin’ 100ºF outside during the summertime! Last I checked, August is STILL summer. Our kids are going to roast on the school bus and during recess.

Whatever. I guess they ask the parents to vote on a school calendar to give us the illusion that our opinion counts. 

__________________________
Stepping off soapbox now....


We have been staying busy since school got out. We had a week of Vacation Bible School, the girls and I visited my family for a week, we took a trip to Helen, GA. In between, we’ve had play dates, trips to the library, and trips to Six Flags White Water. Lots of fun! 

I’ve been slacking from my blogging because, quite frankly, my kids come first. Sorry, readers. If I’m wrapped up in doing something with or for my kids, that’s what I’m focusing on. I do have some new things in mind for my blog. I’m working on a weekly (or bi-weekly) video segment that Big A and I will be doing together, as well as more DIY projects and tutorials. I can’t wait to share my new ideas with you.

Meanwhile, I’ve already become involved in a new and exciting thing! 

Picture


I’ll be part of a group of blogs that will be reviewing books at the request of the authors,  and sharing them with our followers. I am super excited about this! I love reading, so I am absolutely honored to be part of a wonderful project that my great friend Sage has put together! My first book review will be coming in about a month, so keep an eye out for it! 

2 comments:

Sage Adderley-Knox said...

I can't believe school is starting for you guys on August 1st, jeez!

On a happier note, I am thrilled to have you on my team of bloggers. It's going to be fun!

Amanda said...

I’m excited! I’m about to start reading now!

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com